The Cheyenne Transit Program (CTP) fixed-route bus service has been suspended until further notice due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. ADA Paratransit services have continued to operate as normal.
Beginning Monday, April 13th, CTP will make single passenger paratransit service available to all residents of Cheyenne for essential trips only, at no cost to the rider.
Essential trips are:
- Medically necessary trips (non-urgent) – we will NOT provide transportation if you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 – sore throat, cough, or fever.
- Essential workforce trips
- Grocery and pharmacy trips
Scheduling and Registration
You will be asked by the scheduler to verify that your trip fits in one of the above essential categories. Trips will be provided between the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm for medical appointments and work trips only
If you have not used our paratransit service before, you can register with the scheduling office by calling (307) 637-6253. You will need to provide your name, address, telephone number, and date of birth.
Schedulers will be available to schedule your trip requests Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Service will be provided on a first come, first serve basis.
Please have the following information available when you call:
- Your name and birth date.
- The day and date of your trip.
- The exact address for both your pick-up and drop-off.
- The specific place or area where you want to be picked up.
- The time you would like to be picked up OR your appointment time.
- The specific purpose of your trip.
Certain times of the day are busier than others. For grocery and pharmacy trips, the scheduling staff will assist you in determining what times are available.
CTP requires return trips to be scheduled at the same time original trips are scheduled. Passengers should anticipate the latest possible time needed for their return and schedule a trip for that time. If you are ready to return before your scheduled time, please call CTP, we will make every effort to pick you up at the earlier time.
On Time Performance
Please be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. CTP makes every effort to arrive as close to the scheduled pick-up time as possible. However, service will be considered on time if it is within 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time. Example: If your scheduled pick-up time is 9:30 am, the vehicle may arrive between 9:15 am and 9:45 am.
Drivers, after arriving within the pick-up time period, will wait up to 5 minutes. Passengers who are not at the scheduled pick-up point will be considered a “no-show” and the driver will leave. The driver will not return for a second attempt. The only exception will be passengers who have been detained during a medical appointment. If you know you will be detained during a medical appointment please call CTP at 637-6253 as soon as possible and when you are ready, call and we will dispatch the next available vehicle to pick you up.
If you need to cancel a ride call (307) 637-6384. Please cancel at least two hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
If you fail to cancel a ride at least 2 hours prior or you do not show for a scheduled pick up, it will be considered a no show. If a customer accumulates 2 or more no show’s in a 14-day calendar period they not be allowed to schedule another ride for a minimum of 15 calendar days.
CTP will provide service within the normal route boundaries and within a ¾ mile radius of each route. Please see our website for a route map to determine if your trips are within our eligible boundaries, www.cheyennecity.org/transit.
It is the goal of CTP to provide safe, comfortable service for all passengers. To assure a pleasant commute for all, please observe the following rules:
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing from other riders and driver.
- No eating or drinking is allowed on the vehicles unless required due to a medical condition.
- Smoking is prohibited on all vehicles.
- You cannot ride with open containers of alcohol or bring illegal drugs.
- You cannot ride while intoxicated.
- Proper attire, including shirts and shoes or appropriate foot coverings, is required on the vehicle.
- You cannot ride with any open wounds, sores or discharge of bodily fluids that create a biohazard for other passengers and drivers.
- You are requested not to wear scented personal care products on the vehicle for passengers with chemical sensitivities.
- You must remain seated while the vehicle is in motion.
- Ensure that mobility devices are in good working order.
- Be courteous to drivers and scheduling staff.
- Do not use vulgar, foul, abusive, threatening or obscene language or actions.
- Do not harass other passengers or staff, including racial, sexual, gender, or age-related harassment.
- Please see full Code of Conduct on our website: www.cheyennecity.org/transit
All CTP vehicles are cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis and between trips. Please maintain safe distances between yourself, fellow passengers and drivers. Public transportation is an essential service and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
For additional information call (307) 637-6253.