Effective Tuesday, October 30, restrooms at 11 City of Cheyenne facilities will close for the winter.
Shutting off the power and natural gas at these facilities is a cost saving measure for the City. By taking these measures, the City will save more than $14,000 over the winter months, according to Sam Payne, Parks Manager for the City of Cheyenne. This program has been in place since 2010.
Portable restrooms will be set out to accommodate the public at Holliday, Mylar, Cahill, and Sun Valley parks. Facilities to be closed are:
- Brimmer Skate Park- Windmill Road and Pershing Boulevard
- Cahill Park restroom – Dell Range Boulevard and Friendship Circle (ADA accessible portable restroom available)
- Holliday Park restroom – 19th Street at Alexander Avenue
- Holliday Park restroom – 1307 Holliday Park (portable restroom available)
- Martin Luther King Park restroom – Ames Avenue at MLK Court
- Mylar Park restroom – Seminole Road at Mylar Park (portable restroom available)
- North Cheyenne Community Park restroom and snack shack – Mynear Street at Ridge Road
- Lions Park north shelter restroom – Kennedy Avenue at Lions Park Drive
- Pointe Park restroom – 1000 Gardenia Drive
- Romero Park – 1317 Parsley Boulevard
- Sun Valley Park restroom – 5500 E. 12th Street (portable restroom available)
All restrooms at athletic fields are closed for the season.
For more information about the closing of these restrooms, contact the Parks Division at 637-6433.